There are a number of services that residents of Haringey can refer themselves to without needing to see a doctor for a referral. Simply complete the below form for the relevant service and you can either post it yourself or drop it off to us at the surgery and we will send it to the relevant department. Please note the wait times for these services will be the same regardless of whether you self-refer or the GP sends a referral letter.
Maternity Care at North Middlesex University Hospital
Patients who have discovered that they are pregnant and wish to continue with the pregnancy can self-refer for Antenatal Services at:
- North Middlesex University Hospital by calling them directly on 0208 887 3055, by emailing them on nmu-tr.maternityreferralatnorthmid.@nhs.net or by following this link and clicking "book online for maternity services" on the right hand side.
- Whittington Hospital by completing their online form, printing a form and sending it back or lastly by calling the maternity department directly on 0207 288 5586. Further details can be found on the Whittington Hospital Maternity Services website.
Physiotherapy helps to restore movement when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability such as back/neck pain, joint pain, soft tissue injuries. Whittington Health run physiotherapy clinics in various locations across Haringey and Islington to treat chronic pain, acute pain (pain that has lasted for less than 12 months), pain that recently started, sudden injury and long term and specialist medical conditions. You can get more information about the physiotherapy service on their website and you can use this form to self-refer.
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) is an NHS service which provides support to people suffering with stress, low mood, depression, anxiety and related problems. They provide a range of treatment programmes including one to one therapy, counselling and group work. They have a very informative website (www.lets-talk.co) and you can refer yourself directly to them if you feel you are experiencing the above symtpoms. Self-referrals can be made in person, over the phone by calling 020 8808 5833 (Haringey patients), or sending this referral form by fax or e-mail.
The Haringey Team is a primary care mental health service aimed at people suffering mildly to moderately with problems. For this reason:
- If you are worried about acting on suicidal thoughts, please contact your GP or the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHT) service on 0208 702 6700
- If you are worried about hearing voices or other psychotic symptoms, please contact your GP or specialist mental health services via the Triage Team on 0208 442 5622.
- If you are experiencing problems with drug or alcohol misuse, please contact your GP or DASH (Drug Advisory Service Haringey) on 0208 489 4011 or HAGA (Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol) on 0208 800 6999.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
CAMHS, through a new service called CHOICES, offers support to children, young people and families in Haringey who are worried about behaviour or emotional wellbeing. You can refer yourself to the team for a 1 hour conversation in a local setting to explore what help is available around Haringey to support you. The CHOICES team will help build on your resilience and strengths.
CHOICES are also able to signpost you to other local organisations depending on your needs. CHOICES work with you to decide what could be different in your home life, school life or free time that will be helpful to you.
If you would like support from CHOICES please call 020 8702 3405 or www.haringeychoices.org